We have been working on the design for our new album, ‘Rising Stars’. We’ll be recording it on June 12th!
1. 10 Cool Commandments
3. Heroes and Heroines
4. I Like
5. When I’m Older
7. “That’s Not Appropriate!”
9. Bread & Cheese
10. The Lady of Shalott
12. Boys and Girls
14. I am a Traveller
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT POWER TO THE PUPILS
1.You get to go on the computer
2. You get to use your imagination
3. You get to do rap and poetry
4. You get to take pictures
5. You get your own rap book
6. You get to draw
7. You get a hip hop magazine
8. You get to read your rap and poetry to the group
9. You get to use spray paint
Talk to a friend, that’s a solution.
Talk to your parents that’s a solution.
Try to keep calm, that’s a solution.
Hit your head with a pillow, that’s a solution.
Get fresh air, it’s not annoying, it’s soothing.
For me the best thing is try to keep moving.
Also don’t play a game that you keep losing.
For frustration, they are some solutions!
Here are some words we associate with being frustrated:
We discussed – ‘What frustrates you?’
- People not listening
- Being bored
- Trying to work and being interrupted
- Teachers who shout for no reason
- When I can’t think of any good ideas
- Asking for help and getting told off
- Missing my break
- When adults ask me for a favour and I feel I can’t say no
- Long lines and queues
- Tuck-shop queues
- Lunchtime queues
- Being compared to a sibling
- People spreading unkind rumours about me
- Getting told off for talking when you’re telling someone not to talk!
- My brother going wherever I go
- People not sharing
- My parents planning my future
- When my sister exaggerates
- People taking my stuff
- When teachers don’t let me on the computer
- People using my computer
- Adults making you do what they won’t do
- When my friends don’t believe me
- My mum’s long stories!
- When I’m not allowed a drink at bedtime
- When I can’t go outside
- Having to fetch things for my family
Last week, we created art using spray-cans and stencils.
This was our first time using spray-cans and stencils. We plan to make our own stencils in the future!
On the 26th November 2012 an MC came to the Power to the Pupils meeting and showed us ways to make our raps better. He said you can use similes. He helped us with our raps. He shared some of his raps from his latest album, which was good, and encouraged us to share our work more often and not feel shy when working together as a team.
We also made a group rap about heroes and friends. Awaté showed us who would be real heroes in the modern days, like people that work hard for stuff. For example: our mothers, fathers, children, people we look up to - so anybody could be a hero.
We worked as teams of four, writing examples of heroes and shared the things we came up with. We shared our raps that we wrote by ourselves during the week. I really enjoyed the session this week and feel more confident in myself to stand up and join the fun!
- Tyler, Year 5